- Podcasting using Gabcast.
- Podcasts are a recorded audio file that can include information, music, or sound of any sort. It’s designed for people to listen to on their own time and can be useful for those who are constantly on the go. Podcasts don’t have to be on your computer alone, you can download them to USB drives, iPods, MP3 players, and even cell phones that are MP3 compatible. It allows individuals to keep up with missed lectures, news releases, commentaries, and anything else that can be verbally recorded. I’ve had professors in the past use it if they feel they don’t have enough time to do everything in class or if someone is sick they can catch up on the missed class.
- Podcasts are very helpful and I think usage could be drastically increased in the future. Originally I thought audio files were only ruled podcasts if they were received on iTunes and were recordings of radio broadcasts. Over the past two years I’ve learned however, that podcasts can be anything recorded and distributed. For me using Podcasts wasn’t too difficult. I’ve uploaded videos before to Myspace and Facebook accounts and recorded audio clips so this wasn’t too difficult for me. I feel that most people would find this easy to use and very simple as far as directions. Gabcast was pretty cool with just being able to set up an account and call it like you were on the phone with someone. It was pretty simple and no hassle at all.
- I recommend Gabcast over Audacity if you have a Mac computer. Audacity works with LAME and LAME wouldn’t download correctly to my computer and I have a newer Mac.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Pocasts
Posted by Taylor Brown at 7:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I've never heard about Gabcast before, it looks really neat.
Post a Comment